October 13

Booktober Fest at LHPS

Recently, our school hosted a book festival at our middle school campus. We had thirteen authors attend our event to talk with over one hundred students. It was a success and we can not wait to try this again next year! Read a special review by one of my 7th-grade students.

Booktober Review by Dalal
Booktober was a very fun event. We met some authors and I learned about their books and how they made them. The first session was “Words and Pictures“ where Michael Regina talked about his horror book, The Sleepover, based on when one of his familymembers died. Peter Raymond’s book Lucky Scramble is about a competition between cubers. Fred Kohler wrote about animals surviving on a giant island made of garbage and titled it Garbage Island.
Session 2 was titled, “At The Heart Of It“ Jan Eldredge talked about her book Nimbus which is about a magical cat with powers. Shara Micgurie’s book Flight of The Swans where a girl saves her brothers. Christina Farley wrote the Glided series. The book I was interested in the most was Nimbus because I like books with an animal as the main character. I can see what life mightlook like as an animal. One thing I learned was that when you make up characters a little bit of you is in them. Overall, Booktober was amazing and really fun!

Posted October 13, 2023 by rdarden in category Book Reviews

About the Author

An educator since 2001 and plan to retire as a teacher. Follow on Twitter @teacherdarden.